It’s time to take a break from the Exotic Whips E36 M3 project car build and give you guys an overview of my 2009 R8 V8 with the Stasis Challenge Extreme package!
If you’re not familiar with Stasis, they were like Dinan is to BMW. Stasis used to be a certified product by Audi, but they were their own company, like Dinan. However, Audi would install the parts at the dealership and the parts would be covered under the factory Audi warranty. It was a really cool setup, until Stasis went out of business.
My 2009 Audi R8 V8 was one of the few R8’s that received the whole enchilada. This car has what they call the, “Stasis Challenge Extreme” package which comes with:
- 1 x Engine Software: R8 4.2 (2008-2012)
- 1 x Brakes: 390-mm Front and 355-mm Rear for R8
- 1 x Suspension: R8 4.2 Touring with Rear Swaybar
- 1 x Exhaust: R8 V8 4.2 (2008-12)
- 1 x Supercharger: R8 V8 4.2 (2008+)
- 1 x Wheels: Anthracite FD11 20×12(R) and 20×9(F) for R8
- 1 x Tires: 20″ Extreme Performance for R8 (x4)
- 1 x Signature Series Badges and Decals
- 1 x Signature Series Floor Mats: R8
What does all this certified goodness cost? The price on this kit comes out to $44,995.00 (per Stasis’s website).
I’m not the person that opted to have this package installed and as you can tell by the video and the picture of my car, I don’t have the Stasis wheels and tires. Anyways, a lot of people aren’t familiar with Stasis and who they were to Audi, so if you’re one of those people, check out this video where I go into a little more depth about it.
If you haven’t subscribe to the Exotic Whips TV Youtube channel yet, smash that subscribe button for more R8 and M3 videos!